Saturday 27 March 2010

Catch Me.

When I lay there, cuddled up in your arms; it's the best feeling in the world, not needing to care what I look like (even though I do, I doubt there'll be a time where I'm not thinking "I hope I don't look a state right now") and to just be able to listen to your heartbeat and relax.
You're the boy who brightened everything up.

You got rid of the pain that he'd caused, you made it seem stupid and something that could easily be forgotten.
You made everything alright again in this heart of mine.

When I look at you, I see the boy that I knew right from the start would one day be mine.

Thinking back to that first day, oh it makes me laugh.
I was so young, so far from being as mentally old as I am now.
A lot happened between the first day I saw you and that day when you sent me that text saying "Happy Easter :) x", the day that everything started.

He was a plan at first, he was only there to help me move on from you and maybe make you realise what you'd one day lose as soon as I'd moved on.
But I never did, no matter how much I'd convinced myself that I had.
I'd still catch myself glancing your way to see if you were looking.
And although I thought I loved him, I don't think I did, not really. He was never meant to hurt me the way he did either, he was meant to take care of me, funny how things work out.

I can never listen to you tell me how my plan turned out to be more successful in a way I'd never have imagined. Tell me again sometime?
That time you told me that when you saw I was moving on made you jealous in a way, made you realise what you were losing, it made me feel so loved. It showed me that the ache I suffered with was worth it in the end. I got my boy.

It showed me that nothing is impossible, that anything can happen if you just leave it and let it come to you. If it's meant to be, it'll happen.

That first day we kissed, was one of the best days I've had so far. I've never been so nervous before, and looking back at it now it makes me laugh. Who knew that love, something that's supposed to be the most amazing thing on this planet, can be such a nuisance and can make you feel so terrified? It's worth it though, because there's nothing like that feeling I get when I'm with you.

The butterflies aren't noticable anymore, I'm that used to them. I just feel warm whenever I'm with you, like there's nothing in the world but you (and Alice of course).
I used to be afraid, scared to be hurt by someone. I've never liked giving people the chance to have the upper hand. I like to be in control and anything but vulnerable.

But I knew right from day one, that if anyone, you'd be the one boy I could trust with my overly fragile heart. Take care of it, it's been hurt too much already. I love you, a hell of a lot.



No comments:

Post a Comment