Monday 5 April 2010

set me free.

i wanna break free.
i need to do whatever the hell i please.
i'm like a bird, but i'm caged. there's love flowing through my veins, and it yearns to be able to take me to wonderful places but im being stopped. i've gotta get through these next few years of school, through the things that older people want me to do. i need to gather my bearings so i can survive later.
but i don't want to. i want to go wherever the wind takes me. i want to be able to chop and change with where i'm going, what i'm doing, the places i'm seeing, the faces i'm seeing before my very eyes.
i love so much, yet none of it fits.

i'm too wrapped up in this dull world and what its forcing me to do. i need to run, spend some time alone, far far away from the rest of this messed up life we're forced to live during our prime.

i'm young, i shouldn't be made to be so tied down like this.



i want to be able to love unconditionally. i want a passion that's so strong it overwhelms me. i want clarity - where am i going with my life?
i wanna know why i'm here on this earth. what's my purpose?

i love nirrimi hakanson's passion for her photography, it's inspiring and beautiful. she's just plain raw talent, and a beautiful person from what i've seen. her work makes me want to give up my hopeless dream of being as good a photographer, as passionate about it as she is. at the moment i seem to lack the ability to get out of bed in the morning. i lack the people to photograph. i lack the skills with photoshop, not that photos really need to be edited to be beautiful, i suppose it just matters on the face and lighting. mainly the face.

i hate gcse art and its restrictions. i'm not supposed to even think about putting a message into my work, but thats the only thing i want. what's the point in having a subject that's so defining, why can't i just be vague. i want to show the beauty of humans. i want to show everything that they love. other people, why they love each other, the society that we all seem to wrap ourselves up in, the brainwashing media, the terror that one day there's a chance that this might all end.

there's so much i want to show those stupid examiners.
i just need to find a way.


hello world, i'm rosie and i think i just talked myself into making an effort for once.

2 comments:

  1. just letting you know that you write fairly beautifully.
    haha nirrimi makes me feel bad too...she photographed some of my friends. kills me a little inside

    i think ill follow you :)
    www.myspineisthebassline.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you :) i'll follow you too ;D

    ReplyDelete