Saturday 12 December 2009

blushing

I ne'er was struck before that hour,
with love so sudden and so sweet,
his face bloomed like a sweet flower,
and stole my heart away complete.
My face turned pale as deadly pale,
my legs refused to walk away.

My heart has left it's dwelling place,
and can return no more.


-

ever been kidnapped
by a poet?
if i were a poet
i'd kidnap you
put you in phrases and meter
you to jones beach
or maybe coney island
or maybe just to my house
lyric you in lilacs
dash you into the beach
to complement my see
play the lyre for you
ode to you with my love song
anything to win you
wrap you in the red black green
show you off to mama
yeah if i were a poet,
i'd kidnap you.


-


Then you rose into my life
like a promised sunrise.
Brightening my days with light in your eyes.
I've never been so strong.
Now I'm where I belong.

-

Love so alike that none can slacken, none can die.


If ever two were one, then surely we.

No comments:

Post a Comment