Friday 27 November 2009

tightrope,

Every single time I'm ready to leave you behind
get on with my life and pick myself back up off the ground
you reappear and complicate everything.


sure, you're nothing but a friend to me.
thats all you ever were honestly,
the love that was there, it wasn't real, was it?

nevertheless,
stop messing with my head.
stop involving me with your fucked up life
you fucked it up,
you fix it.
because i won't
but i'll admit that i want to

that i want you to be happy
and that i wish i didn't get so jealous
because i dont love you, not like that.

but no other girl can love you like i do,
they won't ever care as much.
why?
because you are my best friend
no matter how often we speak
i still care infinitely.
but sometimes i don't want to,
all you do is lie to me
and play with my mind.
it's not fair, stop it.

you were the first person that i let into my head.
you broke me.
i'm scared to let anyone in again, in case they do the same.

   * * * * * *

i won't lie
i'm the jealous type
i get a good dose of the green eyed monster
and i get it pretty badly.

shes too close to you
i'm not the only one who's noticed.
it pisses me off so goddamn much
but i don't want to say a thing
because i'm not sure if its just paranoia
i'm scared that i might one day lose you
it would break me into a million peices

even the thought of it reduces me to tears.







No comments:

Post a Comment